Snowflakes are a falling ......

well that was what I have tried to make here for the new Pan pastel UK Challenge blog this week. The theme is snowflakes (surprise, surprise) and I have taken all my inspiration from the Doily 1 mask from Premium Craft Brands.

Doily1 Mask/stencil 6x6"

I just think this mask lends itself to be a snowflake .... don't you? Everything on my snowflake has been embossed with this gorgeous 6"x6" mask which adds a stunning texture and dimension to my large snowflake. I have layered my snowflake using different die cuts and all of these have been embossed, covered in Versamark and then dusted with Silver Metallic pan pastel. This add a stunning sheen to the snowflake which I don't think I have captured very well.



I've gone all arty with my camera shots as the sun was shining and highlighting the ivy in the garden, so I thought that this would make a brilliant back drop. However sunlight on a white object is not the easiest then to share with you all!


There are 6 layers to my snowflake in total. I have used Spellbinders beaded circles as layering points as felt the circles edges, accented the doily design. I have also cut out the centre design of the doily as one of my final top layers as adore the intricate swirls.


Finally, I have used a Marianne Design swirl as accents as they have a great fleur de lis look to the ending, which again matched beautifully with the doily mask. On each swirl I have added a white pearl, with a final one in centre of the snowflake.

Phew think that it all ..... and am going to make some more of these but in different shades of whites, greys and silvers .... that is if time does not run out on me. Hope everyone is a little (lot) more prepared for Christmas then I am and can't wait to see what you create with this weeks theme,

Lou
x x x





Comments

Zoe said…
Wow! Stunning Lou, absolutely stunning xx
Claire said…
I just love this Lou, stunning project - I think i need that mask now lol
Claire xx