Washi Tape adventures ....

I wonder if you are like me and have given in to the lure of "Washi Tape" and then do not know what to do with it?!?!?! I have quite a bit now from various companies and for some unknown reason, it scares me. Twisted Tuesday challenges must have realised how I felt and set the theme this week to be "Washi Tape" with the twist of adding items beginning with "T  A  P or  E". Being on the TT DT, I had to bite the bullet and overcome my fears and here's what I have made ....

Mask: Heart of Flower (Premium Craft Brands)
Stamps: Personnel Impressions, Marion Emberson Designs
Distress Inks: Aged Mahoganny, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen
Embellishments: Lace off cut, flower and gems
Washi Tape: Tim Holtz and MME

Okay, there isn't loads of Washi Tape on there but I thought that if I begin to use it gradually, I will feel more comfortable with it and incorporate it more into my projects. I embossed the background using a Premium Crafts Brand stencil and highlighted the embossing with distress inks. I then stamped some flowers over the top for added dimension. The same flowers have been used around the edges of my base card using distress inks.


I have used tape to create my banners, tinting them with distress inks. A further tape was used on a piece of card which I have then cut in to a heart shape and embossed a design on the top. The left overs made a smaller heart too. Finished with some embellies and a sentiment.

A quick card which was quite liberating to make. Look forward to seeing your Washi Tape projects over at Twisted Tuesday as still needs lots more inspiration,

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Make It Monday
Stamps and Fun - embossing
Victorine - Valentines/Love
Fashionable Stamping - hearts and flowers
My Time to Craft - all about the love
The Pink Elephant - pink and red + your own choice (cream)

Comments

Claire said…
This is beautiful. Hugs, Claire x
Vickie Y said…
Love all the texture to your TAPE card!
Cccamfunder said…
I'm impressed, I need to say. Actually rarely do I encounter a weblog that's each educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you've got hit the nail on the head. Your thought is excellent; the difficulty is one thing that not enough individuals are talking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my search for one thing regarding this.

Cccam Server
Yvonne Garner said…
Breathtakingly pretty! I would say you mastered Washi Tape! Your card is perfect for our challenge at FSC. Thanks for sharing.
Unknown said…
Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at MIM and good luck! Hugs Kerry DT x
Esther said…
What a gorgeous card, love that background, and yes I have rolls of unused Washi tape too..Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC, sorry for the last minute visit !...Esther xx
Cazro said…
Wow, so delicate and so romantic, loving your card. Thanks for joining us at MTTC. Caz