Coffee and pan pastels

The challenge this week over on PCB Pan Pastel Challenges is "florals" and I have decided to challenge myself even further this week .... I have altered an empty coffee can!

"

I have used Kaiser Kraft papers which have been embossed with the Chrysanthemum stencil and then on some of the papers, I have added Maimeri iridescent paste to add greater height and texture. All papers have been adhered with Maimeri matt gel and then smothered with it on the top too! Once dry, I stamped over the papers with clock and butterfly images, finishing with a sentiment. All these stamps are from the new PCB stamp range (designed by Nikky Hall).



The front (if you can have a front on a circle), has been decorated with roses (tinted with magenta pan pastels and GraphIt glitter shaker pen) and a tag. The tag has been made using the same paper for the outside of the can, stamped with a rose using perfect medium and then coloured with magenta pan pastel. I am very much in love with all the clock images and sentiments, so had to squeeze a stamped clock face in too.



Around the bottom of the can, I have added lace and ribbon as wanted to add even more texture. Lots of embellishments squirrelled away here and there (as finishing touches) and before my can toppled over as it became too weighed down on one side, I stopped sticking anything else to it (lol).



Had a few blogger issues this week, so everything is appearing late or in peculiar order, so apologies. Fingers crossed, all has now been resolved and I can again blog to my hearts content.

Before I forget, my blog candy is still running until 31st may, so you still have time to be in it to win it. Details can be found HERE.

 Right, better get some non-crafting chores completed now as work looms tomorrow,

Lou
x x x

Products I have used:
Pan Pastel set - Donna Downey Mixed Media 2
   
I am entering my "can" in to the following challenges
Pile It On - Shabby Chic
Stamping Sensations - anything goes
That Craft Place - alter a can
My Sheri Crafts - flowers
Bloggers Challenge - things with wings
Simply Create - anything but a card
STAMPlorations blog - stamps and flowers

Comments

That's such a cool alteration - I love the papers, so pretty, and gorgeous embellishing - very cool inspiration for the Florals challenge!
Alison x
Debra James said…
what a clever idea and looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations.
Vicki Dutcher said…
Awesome altered can!! Thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations!
misteejay said…
What a pretty container. I love the colours and all the embellishment interest - fabulous.

Toni xx
brenda said…
Gorgeous altered can Lou and lovely colour palette.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x
Your altered can is beautiful! Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge which starts this coming Friday [May 23rd].

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com
Amanda said…
Hi, I absolutely love love your altered coffee can!! The papers, embellishments and the colour of it all are stunning! Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place.
Hugs Amanda
sandie said…
Stunning detail and I do love the combo of elements and you have worked them together expertly. Thank you for joining us at Stamplorations and this would also be perfect for our challenge at TIME OUT, you still have a few days to enter, here is the link
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/time-out-challenge-5.html
maria f. said…
I bet that can never dreamed it would become such a beauty! Love the colored blooms. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too with your work of art.
Totally awesome! Beautiful papers! Great job with our Shabby Chic challenge this week at Pile it On! Thanks for sharing!
Tracey, DT
Sarah said…
Beautiful! What a great upcycle! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!
Lynne K said…
What a gorgeous project! Lovely to see something a bit different. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne