Time is precious with pan pastels ....

With all the celebrations this week for the D-Day landings and with Father's Day looming, I felt the need to make something both reflective and also a card which I could send to my own Dad.

I'm looking at the calendar as I type and cannot believe we are already in June; time has literally flown by, in a blink. It makes me realise how important each and every day is whether spent with family, friends or work colleagues and how we should treasure each interaction. Nowadays we are quick to judge as the internet makes us believe we are more worldly wise, (than we possibly are) and someone always wants our "opinion" (usually to flog us something) and sucks us in to this vacuum where we interact over the "airways" and not face to face. The world is indeed changing, at a pace we feel we must keep up with, but how much precious time are we losing to sit back, reflect and enjoy? We are made to feel guilty (or put the guilt upon ourselves), if we are not always on the go but what are we missing/not seeing or appreciating? Uuummmmm, too many questions which I need to take the time to reflect upon.

Anyhow on to my card ..... taking the above in to consideration, here is what I came up with ...


I have used the Roses A5 stamp set. as adore all the elements of this sheet. I created my background using Diarylide Yellow Shade, Raw Umber, Hansa Yellow Tint and Rich Gold pan pastels. For my background, I have over stamped with the clock image using Mustard Seed distress ink. On the main image, I have stamped my images using black Adirondack ink pad. Hearts have been punched out from red card and layered with Thicker stickers. Also for a change, I have made a DL card!


I have deliberatley not addressed this card to anyone in particular as want whoever may receive it, to feel that it is for them and how much they are appreciated.

Off now to enjoy the sun, sit in the garden and just relax and observe life around me.

Lou
x x x
Products I have used:
250.3 Diarylide Yellow Shade - Pan Pastel  780.1 Raw Umber Extra Dark - Pan Pastel  220.8 Hansa Yellow Tint - Pan Pastel  Rich Gold - Metallic Pan Pastel  



Comments

Claire said…
I think we've blinked and missed the first part of the year Lou! Gorgeous card, love those colours and such a clever design
Claire xx
misteejay said…
Love the card. The stamped images are perfect for the sentiment & purpose of the card.

Toni xx
Very creative and lovely!
Debi said…
Very creative card. Wish I still had a bottle full of time to spend with my Dad. I totally agree with you. Enjoy your moments. TFS
Debi
Diane said…
Very fun a clever design.

Hugs diane