A birthday challenge with Polka Doodles

Another busy week has just whizzed by faster than Concorde used to fly and I am sitting here typing my post wondering what or when I did things this week. Luckily, I have been keeping a diary which will definitely help me remember things especially if this year continues at the pace it started.

My other woe is Blogger .... all my scheduled posts are going to draft and not posting but I suspect it something I am doing not necessarily Blogger ... who knows!

The new challenge over at Polka Doodles is a birthday themed one and I decided to challenge myself this week. I love downloads and CD crafting because it allows you to just print the items you want to create your project but in the same breath, it can make you a tad wasteful. Sometimes, I have quite a lot of papers and embellies left over, which I never throw away because you never know when you might need them again. So for this challenge, I decided only to print 1 A4 design, 2 A5 designs, an A4 page of embellies from the Octavia CD/download(s) and also use up the scrabble tiles from my previous project. All the items I have printed were inspired by my card (found here) for the last Polka Doodles challenge. This is what I came up with ...


Yep, I managed to make 3 cards using up almost all of the items I printed. Here's the first design ...


Simple mat and layering but I have raised certain elements (with 3D foam) to add dimension. The sentiment is also from the Octavia CD/download(s).


My second design, again using the same colour palate and embellies. I have raised the frame and weaved the papers under the frame for interest.


My added extra was the lace flower placed behind the heart. The sentiment has been made using the scrabble tiles.


My final design was made using "what was left"to frame another sentiment.


Again, I have raised certain elements to give dimension.

I really enjoyed stretching myself and was amazed how quickly I made all these cards and will definitely challenge myself to doing this again.


Right, better catch with my other "non published posts" ...

Lou
x x x

Products I used:
Octavia Moonfly Digital Download/CD


Challenges:
Little Claire's Designs - Springtime
Fairytale Challenge - flower power
Sister Act - anything goes
Craft for the Craic - BINGO - flowers, sentiment, more than 2 layers
Aud Sentiments - use a 2 word sentiment (my 2nd card, Happy Days)
Polka Doodles - Birthday

Comments

Julie Wilson said…
Love the bright colours. Great designs xx
Linda Simpson said…
These are all fabulous. Love the designs and such a great idea.
Hugs
Linda xxx
starcyl said…
Well done, it's something I should do too. I usually do use the bits in the end but doing them all at the same time is a great idea, lovely cards too.
Jenny xx
Unknown said…
Laughing at the 1st sentiment, that is me always, LOL..beautiful set of cards, so fresh, hugs xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
these are so beautiful Lou
Gr Karin
Annie said…
I absolutely adore the way you have created the sentiment with Scrabble letters - stunning. Thank you for sharing such beautiful cards with us at Aud Sentiments.
Ann xxx
Bev said…
fabulous Lou Ideal card for me as I'm always away with the fairies x
Andree said…
These are gorgeous Lou. I love the colour combo and papers. All the elements are fabulous and the sentiment on the first card is brilliant x
Peanut said…
3 for 1... that's a bargain, Lou. Great makes.
hugs, Asha
Jan said…
Love this xx Jan
Karon said…
These are fabulous, Lou and such a great way to use the papers! TFS
Claire said…
Gorgeous makes Lou, love the colours you've used
Claire xx
Cards By MI said…
Such lovely looking bunch of cards. Adore the colours you have used in them and the sentiments are lovely. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
Helen said…
Three beautiful cards - love them all.

Thanks for joining us at the Little Claire Challenge.

Helen x
Unknown said…
Wow !!!!!!!!! Lou you are so talented, just amazing
Hugs Sus xxxxxxxxxxx
Unknown said…
The whole collection is just fabulous.xx
My beautiful Lou, These cards are amazing. Just inspired me to make something like this lol. I would of course give credit to you :P
Hugs
Naz xxx
Cheremane said…
These are fabulous Lou xx
Anonymous said…
Oh this Card is so sweet and the Image so cute. Love it so much.
Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
HUgs Elfie
Bianca said…
You have made such a lovely project. This is really so pritty and I love the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge.
XX Bianca

PS.: Today our new challenge started and we have a lovely little blog hop too. We would be happy if you like to join in.
Yvonne Tune said…
beautiful project, good luck with the challenge.