Mr & Mrs ... Win & Tonic Challenge

Well feeling very proud today as I have been asked to join in with Win and Tonic Challenge (Tonic Studios) and here is my card. Firstly please forgive the photo as I have struggled to get a decent shot and struggled and struggled ... the poor light hasn't helped one bit. It didn't matter how many lights I used, the result was still "pah" ...!

So here is my first card for the challenge ...


Now Dawny sets a selection of themes for everyone to use but I thought you had to use all of them. That will teach me not to read the instructions properly. The children at school would find that very amusing as I'm always reminding them to read a question/prose etc once and then read it again before starting ...


I began by embossing card strips with Delicate Drape folder and inking the edges. Next I used the "Mr & Mrs" strip die and layered this on top of my embossed strips. I have now created my background. I cut a heart and a heart frame for my central piece, embossing the inner heart (as before) and inking the edges. Next using the mounted rose set, I cut both panels, embossing & inking the smaller and cutting out 3 roses.


On a piece of coordinating card stock, I covered it with Perfect Medium and then used Nuvo Shimmering Pearl embossing powder. I stuck my roses to the shimmery background and cut each out. These have then been placed around the heart. To add more dimension, I just cot out the rose and layered it on top.


The smaller heart was hand cut from a piece of card I had embossed with Ballerina Pink embossing powder. The sentiment has been cut away from one of the strips and mounted on to the heart. My finishing touches were some pink ribbon, stamped and embossed leaves (from Bunched Bouquet stamps) and flower stamens.

Next month I am determined to read the themes a little more closely before making my project, although that being said, I did have fun stretching myself to try and use all the themes. Don't forget to pop over to the blog and check out the other fabulous projects from the Tonic Studios team and who knows you could win this months prize. I don't have any mousses but they are on my "NEED" list.

Have a great Sunday,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:


Challenges:
Win & Tonic - take your pick
Crafting with friends - anything goes
Creative Corner - anything goes
Making Memories - anything goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon - anything goes
Creative Knockouts - celebration

Comments

This is so pretty, Lou. Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Mrs A. said…
I love your resulting card that you have made using everything! The colours look gorgeous together and I love the effect on the roses. Hugs Mrs A.
Irene said…
Thank you so much for sharing your project at Creative Corner Challenges.
Irene DT Member
Amy Cohen said…
Simply stunning! Seriously magical!! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Amy-DT
Loose Stitches said…
Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Making Memories Crafting!
~Sherry DT x
Virginia said…
What a fun project and great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.
Sonia said…
Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Making Memories Crafting.Hope to see you again soon.

Crafty Hugs Sonia DT xx
CraftingMum said…
Lovely card thanks for sharing it with us Crafting with friends, sorry i am late commenting. Louise DT x