A saxophone solo of 'Oh Holy Night'...

I wish I could have soft saxophone music playing in the background to introduce my card and set the 'mood' but hey ho, we will all have pretend. A while back I created a set of Christmas cards using non-Christmas dies and this is the 3rd in the set. You can find my other cards HERE and HERE.

The colour scheme for my card was inspired by the colour and texture of the NEW Craft perfect card - recently released by Tonic Studios on Hochanda - called Cinnamon Silk.


I covered a 7"x7" white card blank with Cinnamon Silk card, lightly darkening the edges with Nuvo Hybrid Ink - Black Shadow. The Saxophone player has been cut once in white and then embossed only in kraft card. I added the white outline to the embossed detail and then cut out the whole image. Using Indian Gold & Burnished Bronze mousses, I added colour to the edges. The extra shadow was created using Nuvo Hybrid Ink, Black Shadow.


Next I cut a selection of both music and star die cuts using white & cinnamon silk card. Each die cut had the edges coloured - same a saxophone player - and then I began deciding where they would go.


I began by creating a matt panel, sticking the snowflakes to the back, gluing this panel to my card front. Before sticking the saxophone player down, I had a 'light bulb' moment and glued the perfect harmony die cut down first, layering the saxophone player with 3D foam).


I double layered or shadowed the 'O Holy Night' sentiment and added it to the card front, slightly overlapping it on the saxophone. Next, the real faffing part ... adding the 'extras' ... in this case other die cuts. Now for me, this part can take as long as making the main card. I'm getting better at controlling all the 'stuff', 'froo froo' and 'just in case' I now add but it's not easy. You should see my desk as I put a selection of this & that out to see if it will work ... so time consuming and 9 times out of 10, unnecessary. At least I'm recognising this and hopefully, might cure myself, although it will be a long struggle (lol).

Am really pleased with myself at the mo, as for once, I am amassing a collection of Christmas cards and might just be ready, (you never know, fingers crossed and all that). Bella if you read this, you'd be proud of me as it was your advice of small batch making that has pushed to be a wee bit more organised.

Right gotta go and apologise to the ever so lovely Dawny P as my card is late for the "Win & Tonic" challenge this month ... catch you all later,

Lou
x x x
Products & links:


I'd like to enter my card in to the following challenges:
A bit more time to craft - anything goes
A perfect time to craft - anything goes
Classic Design Team - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - anything goes
Die Cut Diva's - masculine/male
Crafting with an attitude - anything goes
Creative Fingers - anything goes 

Comments

Gorgeous card! Love the layers. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Lovey work, looks great.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


This is just gorgeous love all the dies you have used Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...
Arlene said…
Seeing the card is like hearing the saxophone. WOW, I love it in this sepia tone. Old fashioned and bluesy. Beautifully done. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.
Helen said…
Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Hope you can join us again in October.

Helen x