Tonic Studios Sentiment dies - Happy Birthday Nephew ...

Strangely, I never really thought of personalisation on my cards other than occasionally using the recipients name, so when I was sent the Family Sentiment dies I was not sure where to begin. Suddenly I realised that I could still make the cards I wanted by now I could always add that little bit extra with using the Family Sentiments. It was one of the 'waking up moments' 😁...!

Below is one of my cards that I made for the launch, which also incorporates the Banner Dies ...



I began by stamping the sentiment from the Party Time banner set on to backing paper in Nuvo Hybrid Safari Green ink, matting this layer and adding it to my card blank.
 

Adding a further decorative panel, I added Henri with 3D foam, placing the die cut stars and banner - stamped with Happy Birthday - behind him. I've added some balloons from Marmalade's World accessory set 3; coloured with Nuvo Creative pens. The blank balloon ties are scraps of card from a previous project and are, in fact, off cuts from where I had been matting and layering. Henri has also been coloured with the Nuvo Creative pens.



I die cut the banner from the Happy Birthday set, adding a piece of designer paper to match in with the other papers, and placed this at the bottom of my topper.

The 'Nephew' was die cut 3 times, layered on top of each other, coloured with blue ink & then embossed with clear powder: this helps create a thick, chipboard effect embellishment. As a finishing touch, I've added additional stamped images, again from Marmalade's World - accessory set 1.


Apart from the colouring, this is a relatively quick card to make. If you did not have time to stamp & colour an image, you could always use a photo (of your nephew) or a pre-coloured topper.

Whipping up a storm here in full blog writing and photo editing mode, so better keep plugging away before I distract myself with other things. Have a great day whatever you choose to do,

Lou
x x x

Products & links:




Challenges:
Creates & makes - anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes
Retarte - anything goes
TTCRD - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
A brilliant card - just WOW! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi
Meggymay said…
Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at Try it on Tuesdays. I'm sure your nephew would have loved it.
Yvonne
Theresa said…
fab boy card and those dies are ace. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx
Valerie-Jael said…
Gorgeous project, thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie
Mrs.B said…
A great card, I'm sure your nephew loved it.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril