Tonic Studios Index Dies to create shaped card base ...

Another post sharing a card created using the Tonic Studios Index Dies, Family Sentiment dies and the Banner dies & stamp sets. I have used the 'Vines & Moments Index Card' set to create my shaped card base, utilising the decorative tab die.




Starting with a piece of card, I decided where I would like my first tab, die cut and then cut away the excess. I then folded the card to create my base. Next using Craft Perfect Peacock Feathers speciality card, I created another layer using the same die. Finally I repeated for a third time using decorative papers. I layered each up to give the 'tabbed' look.


On the final layer, I used the sentiment ' for a special someone' from 'Hooray Banner die & stamp set', stamping over the backing paper with Acorn Brown Nuvo Hybrid ink. Next I added the bird topper ready for embellishing. The 'Sister in law' has been cut from the Craft Perfect Peacock Feather and placed on the topper. The backing panel from the in-law die set has been cut from decorative paper to act/appear like a hinge on the card.


Using the same sentiment, I stamped this on to the die cut 'Hooray' banner with the same ink. I cut a further 2 banners layering these underneath to make the banner wider and also to make the sentiment stand out further, placed at the bottom of my topper. A few crystal drops added and also to the flowers.


The flowers (Apple Blossom dies from Beautiful Blooms collection) have been cut from co-ordinating card and also the matching backing papers. The leaves are from the Bunched Bouquet stamp set and they have also been stamped on to the same card & paper. As a final finishing touch, I have added some Nuvo twine in French Blue.


Have to say that these dies are so versatile and made even more so because of the 'in-law', 'grand' and 'step' dies. Opens up a huge way to personalise your cards, presents, tags etc.

Well that's 2 posts completed and a few more yet to share. However before doing that, I might just have to over ride the heating ...,

Lou
x x x

Products & links:


Dimensions - Vines & Moments Index Box Die Set - 1703E-Tonic Studios  

I'd like to enter my card in to the following challenges:
Creates & Makes - anything goes
TTCRD - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Crafting with friends - anything goes

Comments

Gail said…
Thank you for entering your lovely card into Tuesday Throwdown - it is very beautiful -nice layering! hope you will come back in 2018
crafty said…
A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafting Fro the Heart challenge this week.
Mary